Thursday 29 March 2012

You mean I can sleep tonight?

Wednesday went alright, I got all my essays in but then the Chinese whispers kicked in. I’m in with group 1 on Wednesday cause group 2 have their class from 2 to 5 which is a waste of a day. They had everything handed in plus they didn’t miss a couple of tailoring classes like us so had a couple more stitches completed that we hadn’t started yet. But if they have everything in then surely we have to submit everything by the end of the week too? I got to see a couple of their folders. Shit they were good. I hadn’t even thought about my layout yet.

Someone in my class had said before we only need the tailoring swatch book in and we’re not doing a fashion one. But group 1 had both in so why shouldn’t we. I’d do them both anyway, economies of scale and all that. I asked my tailoring teacher what we had to have in by Friday and he said we don’t have to have anything in cause we missed two classes. He said he’d bring us in for two days over Easter to make up for it and we’d hand our folders in then. Then I was listening while he was talking to my garment construction teacher who would be away on a field trip Thursday. First they said we’d have to have everything we’d done to date plus the two swatch books. Then they said we don’t need anything in.

Thursday morning I told the class the news. One guy almost had tears in his eyes. "You mean I can sleep tonight? I can actually go to bed and sleep tonight? I could kiss you." But people wanted confirmation. We had a sub in but she didn’t know what was going on. I knew we had to have our garment construction folder in by the end of the day so I was flat out working on that but three times she came up to me to offer to show me how to do some seams we hadn’t done yet. I told her I wasn’t all that enthusiastic about learning anything new when I had to have a whole folder completed in a matter of hours, but she just wouldn’t cease. One time she leant over my stuff to chat with someone across the table. What a pest. The tailoring teacher came in and told us we would have to have everything we had done so far in on Friday. Don’t go to sleep just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment