Saturday 3 March 2012

Another poxy dole meeting

at 11.20 on a Saturday! I let it slip that I was going to college and had to change my job goals from finance work to bar work, kitchen work and…oh yeah: tailoring. Apart from all the lads down there loving the odd power trip, they also love nothing more than to assume they know everything about every industry. When I was first there we were looking through finance jobs and every one I picked the guy would be like "no, see the thing about this job is, you’re not qualified enough, you need to do such and such exams"
And I’d be like "actually the CEO of this company has a geography degree."

When I told the guy I wanted to do tailoring he said "no, you won’t be able to find work here in that, it’s all been moved to India"
"No I don’t think so, you mean to say every tailoring job in Britain has been moved abroad?"
"Yes, you can’t get that sort of work here anymore"
"What about Savile Row?"
"What, so you want to be a machinist? You want me to put down machinist?"
"No I want to be a hand tailor, like everyone else there"
"Eh" Translation: I don’t have a breeze what I’m shiteing on about

He gave me details for two ‘kitchen’ jobs that I was never going to apply for cause they were absolute bullshit, and I headed off to college.

No comments:

Post a Comment