Friday 30 March 2012

No rush

Friday morning everyone had big bleary heads on them and the coffee was flowing. Still we had to put together a folder and learn two more stitches cause we missed a couple of classes. They were the back stitch (which I already knew and is a basic, handy enough stitch to know) and the draw stitch. My padding, basting and side stitches were all done and good to go. I had to pretty much do my felling stitch again but it wouldn’t take too long plus I had a little left on my raw edge stitch and about a third of my cross stitch. I also had to do two mark stitches which wouldn’t take long once I decided what picture I was going to draw for them, and I figured I’d just leave my button holes as they were.

In the panic I ended up stitching my cross stitch to my raw edge stitch without realising until the very last stitch so I had to unpick them and do it all again. A gray stress hair sprouted just above my eyebrow. Somehow I got it all finished and was just putting the last few pieces in place when at 4.58pm the teacher says not to rush as we don’t have to have it in after all. Well that’s good to know. I’d never worked so hard in college before but I’d also never been on a course where it seemingly didn’t matter if you had all the work in or not, and whether or not it was on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment