Saturday 24 March 2012

Luck of the Irish

I had to work Friday night and Saturday day: stupid job is getting in the way already and the managers are starting to grate on me. They’re pissed all the time and you have to listen to their shit stories that they already told you and the woman especially is really getting to me. That Friday I worked with her for the first time and I don’t know how many times she said "luck of the Irish." She’d be so hammered that someone would order a drink and by the time she turned her head and reached out to the pump I’d have already gotten a request for the same drink and start pouring out of it. This surprised her and she’d look at the customer and say "Oh! luck of the Irish" and he’d force a smile and she’d look at me and smile and I’d frown, and then I’d look at my customer and give him a look that said "please help me."

Another thing that kept happening was she’d try to pour two pints at the same time and forget about one or both of them and they’d be pouring everywhere and I’d notice and flick the tap up and she’d look at me with a look that said "you’ve done something wrong, I don’t know what it is but don’t let me catch you doing that again." I couldn’t get out of there soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment