Thursday 9 August 2012

Making the most of the situation

Wednesday got put on the 6am shift, good chance of being finished around 2 for the fight so took it. Arrived before 6 and had to wait half and hour for staffing to come down and let us in - total joke situation. Sent on lunch with 5 others before 1 and then told we were all finished for the day and to go home.

Over lunch we traded stories about how much everyone is getting messed about. They're chopping and changing everyone, cutting shifts left right and centre and just making a meal out of the whole situation. One girl was talking about her and two others who got sent from the bar below the boxing to the bar at the fencing. Then 3 others got sent the opposite way so you had 6 people who previously were efficient but now dont know what they are doing. My favourite person to hear stories about though is a guy who worked in my bar who was referred to as "the guy who hates all the customers." Unfortunately I never got to work with him cause he was at the opposite end but he used to come up to the guy on coffee and say "some cunt wants a coffee" or "this bitch is moaning cause her sleeve is wet."

Went to the fight. Epic atmosphere but not the greatest fight cause the other girl was no match for her. Some entrance though.


They have a new disaster system in place where to get a shift for the following day you now have to ring between 6 and 7pm. Miraculously I got through at 6.07pm only to be told that all the shifts are gone. Not sure how I am going to get in to the final now tomorrow. But of all the luck they forgot to take my day pass off me for the first time since I started so I'm in with a chance.





No comments:

Post a Comment