Tuesday 7 August 2012

Chasing Katie

Have been telling my team lead to make sure to send me for lunch at 2.23pm on Monday so I can get to see Katie's fight. I brought my phone in and hid it in top of the fridge so I'm all set. The table tennis area is getting a bit boring so when my team lead asked if anyone wants to go down to the waterfront bar to help set up for an hour I said I'd go. She needed two people. Genius, I told her to get this little hot half Chinese girl I was talking to earlier but for some reason she chose this big moan bag black girl and fuck did she moan the whole time I was with her. "Why do we gave to go, there's no point in going now, why is it so far, let's go back, I don't like it here I prefer our bar, when are we going back???" Shut the fuck up, why couldn't you be the little half Chinese girl.

The bar we went to was underneath the boxing arena but no one knows its there cause they can't advertise it. So me and moan bag had to go up to the entrance for the boxing, in full view of the main bar and shout out that "there is another bar, just around to the left of the arena, about half way down, you should see a sign for the toilets, go down the stairs and to the right, there's no queues there."
"But there's a bar right fuckin there like."

It was getting close to the fight now and it was unlikely that I'd be sent back to table tennis, grab my phone potentially in front of all sorts of managers, and be allowed go on lunch. So I spent the next while not telling people where the bar is but scoping out a good place to sit. Got an alright seat in the end, not as close as I would have liked though.

What a fight though and what an unbelievable atmosphere. I'm ashamed to admit I had barely heard of her before a few days ago but she's my new hero. A lot of the fights I've seen so far haven't been the best and all the other sports here suck but this made the Olympics so far for me. I saw john Joe on Sunday and I'll try get in to the fight Tuesday but the mission now is to pick up shifts when Katie is fighting, not looking good though, Tuesday is meant to be my last shift, its going to take some luck to make the cut for Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment