Thursday 23 August 2012

Draping vs Drawing


Was doing a draping course for the last two Tuesday and Thursday nights before the end of college.It was kind of a bad idea cause I had shit loads of other work that I could have been doing and also it turns out I'm not really that into designing dresses. Every class was just me desperately trying to make a piece of cloth look like a dress while trying to block out the sound of the 15 old Indian women who I shared the class with. This was their time of the week away from their families and what they saw as their time to fit in all the gossip of the last few days. They just spent the whole time yapping a million miles an hour. Then the teacher would ask them to quiet down and the lead yapper would say "ok sorry sorry sorry, we be quiet now," then 5 seconds later they'd just yap away again.

So to calm myself down I just spent the whole class drawing dresses instead, which was way more enjoyable and eventually gave me a good idea for the cover of my garment construction folder, which I spent one of the classes making. It's a step-by-step process of all the techniques used to make a dress.




No comments:

Post a Comment