Thursday 19 April 2012

Shear Disaster

Have been moving all my tailoring stuff into my locker in college cause I have to move soon. It’s absolutely wedged now cause I’ve got a few folders and a good bit of cloth. My mate gave me shit loads of lining too and that’s all in there. I can literally line everything I own. Now that I have a jenga locker it’s a nightmare trying to get anything out without something else dropping out and today I dropped my shears for the second time. First time they were grand but they’re finished now. Doesn’t really matter cause everything I got in Morplan was shit anyway so they wont really be missed.
It’s surprising how hard it is to cut straight lines in fabric with a good shears or not. I thought my cutting would be just as good as my paper cutting but it’s a totally different ball game. You draw a straight line on fabric using chalk. Then you cut straight along the line, slowly, making sure to not sway from the line. Then you look at it after and you’re like did I seriously just cut that. It’s ridiculous. Must be the shears.
Interesting shears related fact: to lubricate your shears all you need to do is rub any dust off them with your thumb and index finger and then rub them through your hair. The oil in your hair is the perfect lubricant. Good to know if a bald man is ever coming at your with a shears.
Shears fact two: don’t cut paper with them or you’ll wreck em.

No comments:

Post a Comment