Thursday 5 April 2012

getting off on the wrong foot

Went into Savile Row for 12. Watched a bit of waistcoat making in action and then went to the pub. Had 4 pints and unfortunately had to leave for work. Second day with the new boss and I’m tipsy and late for a 7pm shift. You don’t realise how much your reflexes get messed up after a few drinks until you stop and try doing normal stuff.
One time back in the good old BOI days my manager brought a crate of cans into the office and we all had a few before going out for an enjoyable close to Christmas sesh. I couldn’t join them though cause I had a basketball match. It was my first time starting all season and my chance to impress and boy did I blow it. On defence I’d go to steal the ball and end up lunging into the guy and every time I was convinced I was going to get it but he’d slowly move it to his other hand toying with me like a matador.
It was bad enough having terrible reflexes in the bar but the new managers like nothing more than to sit at the bar and stare at you all day which made it ten times worse. Every time I went to pick up a glass I was convinced I was going to knock it over. It’s like Big Brother now getting watched all shift long. Try as they might but the old managers weren’t able to stare at you. Sometimes the old guy would get one eye locked on you but never both eyes. It was funny at the end of the night you’d always hear him shout “lads and lasses down your glasses” but everyone would just continue as normal thinking it was just some drunk at the bar, which it was. I miss his funny little ways. It’s kind of like he’s still here though cause I keep calling the new manager by the old managers name, which I’m sure he loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment