Wednesday 4 April 2012

The boy who couldnt smile

New manager was in when I arrived. First thing he says is “Things will be run a bit differently to them two pissheads. As you can see things are already much cleaner here and will get better. I had the two lads in cleaning the toilet last night for hours.” Hang on a minute. I checked the roster and I was scheduled to midnight from now on. I had been getting out at 11.30pm usually and I bailed early on Friday, Saturday and Sunday without anybody saying anything and I probably got paid for what I missed too.
Now he’s saying we have to stay late and CLEAN the TOILETS! We didn’t realise how good we had it with them two pissheads. He says we have to smile more, and to chat more to customers. He keeps saying hello to me, I hate having to say hello to the same person over and over. Alright, hows it going, that’s your lot for the day. And smiling at customers, bah!
When I was working in a restaurant in Sydney my boss was going to have to cut me off cause someone complained that I didn’t smile and they couldn’t understand what I was saying. Lucky my girlfriend at the time was the shining light in the restaurant and made all the tough decisions for him. I don’t have anyone to save me now though and my shelf life has just deteriorated drastically.

No comments:

Post a Comment