Tuesday 8 May 2012

Settling in


Few days in the new house now. I’ve moved up in the world from the poorest to the second poorest borough in England but apart from that I’ve gone downhill in every other way. Back to the shared house with dirty worktops, jenga bin, jenga diry dishes, jenga drying dishes, disappearing milk, economising on toilet paper 

We so poor we cant even afford the cardboard part.

Living with a landlord (Mark) which I swore I’d never do but its actually grand, he’s sound. House is a bit filthy but he doesn’t give a shit. If you spill something sure the cats will pick it up or the mice or some creature or other. Also living with his mate (Joey) who previously lived in a car for 3 years, a Lebanese guy (Raymondo), a Portuguese girl, and another English teacher guy who lives in the basement. He’s kind of fat with ginger hair and a big beard. I said hello to him when I first moved in and he must not of heard me so I said hello again later but once again got blanked. That’s where my effort stops.
It is alright here though, plenty big with a nice back garden and a conservatory out the back which is handy for stitching cause it gets all the light. It’s close enough to college that I don’t even need a saddle on the bike or I can walk in 25 minutes, and its very cheap. No more worrying about council tax or bills or any of that crap. There are a lot of cats, I feel like they had the run of the place and are a bit pissed that we all moved in. They watch me sew


Its always just the four lads hanging out without the girl and basement dude. Raymondo hopes to be a music producer when he grows up and has jungle music pumping every night. He’s gona help me get started on the banjo. Last night he unexpectedly started beat boxing and tried to get us to join in, Joey started clicking on his can and Mark started tapping on his laptop. You can’t beat a bit of house share randomness, I think I’m gona like it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment