Wednesday 16 May 2012

Re-boot

We went over our CVs in the theory part of the course today. Its funny to see that nothing I have on there is in any way relevant to the career I’m aiming for. I’m starting with a clean slate, I can keep my name and contact details and delete everything else. Any job I have had is completely irrelevant. Everything I did in college, forget it. But I studied maths and you use numbers in tailoring. Don’t make me laugh. It’s like being 17 again. It’s good though cause my old CV was a fecking bore, glad to be going back to the start again like Batman Begins or The Amazing Spiderman.
Wednesday is my best day of the week for getting work done. After the theory class I have a bit of lunch and then work away on my own in the workshop. There’s a teacher there til 8 and most people drop off around 5 so you get plenty of help. Now that I’m living so close I’m the first one in in the morning which is new for me. I got in an hour and a half early one morning. It was just me and the cleaner sitting down reading a newspaper. I’m coming in Mondays and Tuesdays too cause sure what else would I be doing. I’m even contemplating going up to the fashion department on Tuesday and Thursday evenings cause they stay open til 9. It’s taking over, this tailoring lark. Wont be needing any of that old crap on my CV ever again I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment