Friday 1 June 2012

The vest

A waistcoat is known as a vest. We just started making one. First day was a bit complicated and everything went a bit over my head. It was all going so fast that I had time to take no notes and zero pictures so I cant really do a step by step. Its just a standard size so you just cut fabric out from a block. You need a front x 2, an inside back x 2, an outside back x 2, straps for the back x 2, and another piece of lining for the inside front x 2. Also need two pieces of linen to support the fronts. Everyone used check or pinstripe but I was the only one who went for the genius move and used plain fabric. Its complicated enough starting off without having to worry about things matching up.
This is the earliest pic I have, a fair bit has happened by this stage

I hadn’t used this fabric before so I quickly made a welt pocket out of a piece of fabric to see what it was like. It took no time and came out seriously sharp but then when I went to make the real thing I just couldn’t get them as good. Was super careful and everything, very annoying.



No comments:

Post a Comment