Friday 29 June 2012

Congratulations, it’s a waistcoat

Was thinking I had miles to go on the waistcoat still but then it all just suddenly came together. The two fronts had been separate this morning, and I was just after putting the back together. Then you sew it all together but leave a gap so you can pull it out and all of a sudden its finished. It’s like a new born baby when it comes out. It was a real special feeling, I had been getting a bit fed up at this stage and then out of nowhere a full waistcoat pops out all sewn up like magic. Everything in tailoring is done upside down and inside out but this took a minute to get my head around what just happened cause I thought I had to turn it inside out a few times to get it right. Just a couple of stitches left to do now and the buttons and buttonholes.










No comments:

Post a Comment