Saturday 9 February 2013

Chef pants

Trouser making is the area I seem to want to work in most. That's what I keep telling myself these days anyway.  I like trousers, I wear them everyday, unless I wear shorts which are like trousers. Lots of people I know wear trousers. I'd like to work making things that I would like to make for myself and others and I really don't wear jackets or waistcoats very often.

I finished my first pair (the red ones don't count) sometime in January. I used the same houndstooth that I used for my wedding waistcoat which is a really nice cloth and I think there might just be enough left over to make a jacket. That will be nice to look back on - my first proper fitting waistcoat, trousers and jacket all in the same cloth.

We make everything in college from a block, rather than drafting a pattern to fit ourselves but of all the luck the trousers fit me nicely. Take that anorexia! There's not a single other person in the class that they will fit so if my classmates are generous and not bothered keeping them I could be in line for receiving a lot of pairs of trousers at the end of the year.

As I  said the cloth is really nice, light as a feather, and shimmery but they do kind of take me back to the eighties



or maybe more so to my chef days


Great stuff! Combining my two favourite jobs: cooking and tailoring.

I really don't know what I could wear with these though except for the waistcoat combo. Watch out Roger Sterling. Major regret on the choice of buttons and buttonholes though, should have gone for gray, hopefully I can fix it without making too much of a mess.


No comments:

Post a Comment