Tuesday 4 September 2012

Waistcoat 2

Then I had 5 days to make another waistcoat to wear to a wedding. But this time I had to use my own measurements and make my own pattern.

You take some of these measurements:



And use these instructions:


Put it all together and it should fit like a glove.

I bought some fabric from Hardwick Textiles at Upton Park station. Pretty cheap and no bartering so less chance of getting massively ripped off.

Only problem was I was completely drained from the last couple of weeks of college and Brian was over for a couple of days so I had to go out Friday night and Saturday day. So then I had 3 and a half days to make something that took me 5 weeks the last time. I literally raced through it. Anytime I cut something I wasnt supposed to cut or stitched something badly or the sewing machine was too tight I just had to move on and forget about it.

Definitely had no time for buttonholes on this one but it turned out I wouldn't need any because the waistcoat turned out a little bit on the small side. I think this is the first time anything has ever been too small for me so I kind of felt like Aladdin or even Pinocchio when I first tried it on. But I don't know, when I put on my slacks and a crisp new shirt and I was out in the Portuguese sun it did look kind of cool. I prefer to think I pulled off the (slightly creased) Han Solo look quite well.





1 comment: